Name: Djamel Boussaa
Graduation: July 2008
Interests/ Specialization: Architectural Design, Urban & Architectural Conservation, Islamic architecture, Traditional Architecture.
· Complete Design and Supervision of an extension project for A great mosque in Algiers.
· Preparation of working drawings for 02 Refurbishment projects In the North of London, Priory Green Estate & Rotherfield Court, (Roof details for lift motor rooms and stair heads as well as rainwater outlets, And gargoyles needed to be specified and detailed.
· Collaborating in a large scale project in Saudi-Arabia, The Mena Complex, in, management and working drawings for walls, parapets and floors.
Courses & Teaching Material:
· Architectural Design Studio 2, ARCH 311.
· Islamic Architecture in the Arab World, Arch 460.
· Senior Project 1, ARCH 400.
· Senior Project 2, ARCH 401.
· Qatari Architecture and Contemporary Practices, ARCH 461.
· Architectural Design 3 (ARCG 310); Designing a Marina Club
· Architectural Design 4 (ARCG 320); Designing a Cultural Center
· Architectural Design 6 (ARCG 420); Designing a Five Stars Hotel
· Architectural Design 6 (ARCG 420); Designing a Specialized Children’s Hospital
· Graduation Project 1 (ARCG 511); Program Stage
· Graduation Project 2 (ARCG 520); Design Stage
· Architectural Construction 2 (ARCG 223)
· Architectural Construction 3 (ARCG 313)
· Architectural Graphics 1 (ARCG 111)
· Architectural Graphics 2 (ARCG 121)
· Basic Design 1 (ARCG 110)
· Basic Design 2 (ARCG 120)
· Materials and Construction Methods I (INTD 222)
· Materials and Construction Methods II (INTD 312)
· History of Islamic Interiors (INTD 311)
Djamel Boussaa, “Towards an Inter-Emirate Urban Conservation Strategy in the United Arab Emirates“, RICS Foundation, Our Common Sense Journal, London, April 2002.
Hadjri, K., & Boussaa, D., (2007). Architectural and Urban Conservation in the United Arab Emirates.
Open House International, 32(3), 16-26.
Books: (Book Chapter).
G. Moser, E. Pol, Y. Bernard, M. Bonnes, J. Corraliza & V. Giuliani, (editors), People Places and Sustainability, Hogrefe & Huber Publishers, Germany, 2003, PP: 51-60.
Articles of Conferences:
Paper presented For the Conference on 3-6 January 2010
Technology and Sustainability in the Built Environment;
College of Architecture and Planning, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia.
Urban Conservation and Sustainability;
Cases from Historic Cities in the Gulf and North Africa.
Paper presented at the 1st Engineering Scientific Research Forum; 18th May 2009
University of Bahrain, Department of Civil Engineering & Architecture.
Paper: Urban conservation in the Gulf: Challenges and Opportunities.
Paper presented and published in the proceedings 03-06 Nov 2008
at the CSAAR 08 conference, University of Petra, Amman, Jordan,
“Responsibilities and Opportunities in Architectural Conservation: Theory,
Education, and Practice”
Paper: THE CASBAH OF ALGIERS, Heritage Tourism,
Economic Development and Sustainability.
Paper presented For the IFIAD 2008 International Forum on 08-10 Apr 2008
Islamic Architecture and Design, Sharjah, UAE,
Paper: Our Islamic Urban Heritage: Blight or Blessing?
Paper presented at the Urban Development and Planning Seminar, 07-09 Jan 2008
Kingdom of Bahrain, Northern Area Municipality,
Paper: Qala’t al-Bahrain: Conservation and Development of a World Heritage Site
Public Lectures & TV Programs
Box of suggestions:
Department of Architecture and Urban Planning, College of Engineering, Qatar University 2713, Doha, Qatar. Tel (office): 00 974 493 5932, Tel (mobile): 00 974 363 2925, Fax: 00 974 485 1781,